PEAL Officer – Data Analyst
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work within RTV Planning, Evaluation, and Learning (PEAL) Team. The Data Analyst will work within the Data Management Unit and closely with the Planning and Evaluation Units. The successful candidate will be responsible for the entire data lifecycle concerning collection, management, storage, analysis, reporting, innovations, and development to communicate insights and drive the business outcome.
The Data Analyst will support all Program Evaluations and ensure that the generated analysis communicates RTV’s outcomes and impact to various internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will supervise contracted field staff across districts during the execution of RTV Surveys and Standards Evaluations.
Roles & Responsibilities
Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting (60%)
- Lead the management of RTV Centralized M&E Database with automated workflows to ensure real-time data and up-to-date use of visuals and dashboards across field sites.
- Ensure accurate and timely data sorting, coding, cleaning, validation, and aggregation to inform program designs and include them in subsequent reports.
- Lead data quality checks and data control and management through RTV technology platforms.
- Analyze data and information that is readable and resourceful for further use.
- Create and implement policies for effective data management in compliance with RTV data policies and privacy.
- Collaborate with the PEAL team to design appropriate data collection and aggregation tools, with plans to routinely update them for data quality improvement.
- Plan and coordinate field surveys. Develop work plans, schedules, survey guidelines, and RTV policies related to confidentiality, integrity, and quality of data collected.
- Design and lead baseline assessments on RTV metrics, including data collection on household income and poverty levels standards evaluations, village mapping and profiling, water surveys, needs assessment, and LC1 surveys.
- Supervise and build capacity for the field staff to achieve their data collection targets and present data in the best possible format for further analysis.
- Responsible for reporting and storing data, also ensuring that relevant reports are accurately completed from the analyzed data points and stored in appropriate files and folders for further reference. Use of automation applications like Alteryx or similar to improving processes.
Coordination of Evaluations and Surveys (30%)
- Work with the Evaluation Unit to design, maintain, and update M&E tools for tracking, evaluating, and reporting with a focus on technology adoption and efficient operationalization to meet RTV’s objectives.
- Ensure the completion of in-depth project evaluations throughout the project lifecycle while working with local government, communities, and relevant teams.
- Support the Evaluation Unit to perform post-evaluation investigations on the findings, including modeling and predicting based on historical data, and design and update statistical models to forecast/predict and discover trends for planning and learning.
- Support the RTV’s technical analysis for project inputs, outputs, and outcomes.
- Ensure availability of information that is thorough and precise for critical decision-making.
- Support the Planning and Learning Units and other RTV units to achieve programmatic objectives.
- Other related work as assigned.
Requirements and Experience
Qualifications & Experience
- Completed a bachelor’s degree preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Quantitative Economics, Business Computing, Mathematics, Population Studies.
- A postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation, and/or Project Planning and Management preferably from Uganda Management Institute (UMI).
- At least 2 years of experience in M&E in the development sector.
- 2+ years of experience in M&E tools, techniques, and frameworks.
Skills & Qualities
- Have the knowledge and understanding of the application of Theories of Change (TOC), results/logical frameworks, and the development/implementation of the learning agenda.
- Experience applying M&E process-based tools: result-based and participatory monitoring and evaluation, gender analysis frameworks, feasibility studies, data quality assurance, and reporting.
- Have an understanding of M&E tools such as LQAS, public expenditure, citizen reports scorecard, cost-benefit analysis, GIS / GPS application in M&E, community report Cards, SWOT analysis, results-based management, and outcome mapping.
- Have the ability to facilitate training.
- IT skills, including experience with statistics packages such as STATA, Alteryx, EpiInfo, ArcGIS, MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, Drone2Map, and Survey123 will be an advantage.
- Experience of participatory research within last-mile communities will be an advantage.
- Team player with the ability to be self-driven.
- Able to show strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous work experience in last-mile rural communities in Uganda will be nice to have.
- Experience demonstrating leadership, versatility, and integrity with a commitment to inclusivity.
- Have the flexibility to work effectively with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
About Raising The Village
Raising The Village (RTV) is an international development non-profit organization on a mission to end ultra-poverty in last-mile rural communities in Sub-Saharan Africa. With our headquarters in Toronto and our programs/operations in Uganda, RTV programs address multidimensional poverty in remote farming communities through a low-cost, high-impact graduation model. We implement holistic livelihood-focused programs in last-mile villages in the thematic areas of WASH, Water, Health, Food Security, Agriculture, Livestock, Access to Credit and Community-Driven Initiatives.
Working in close collaboration with the local governments and our partner villages, we operate at the intersection of Community Driven Development and advanced analytics to create cost-efficient and time-saving approaches with an accurate understanding of progress and real-time adjustment within a community development context. We aim to operate with the highest levels of accuracy and integrity to present the clearest possible picture of our work and impact.