Village Startup Fund Field Assistant
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 90%
EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years
Reporting to the Village Startup Fund Officer (VSFA), Raising The Village’s (RTV) Village Startup Fund Field Assistant works to implement RTV’s methodology throughout the implementation and transition phase of a partner village and cluster. RTV’s work focuses on improving household livelihoods, bringing people out of extreme poverty with a focus on key initiatives centering around agriculture, livestock, water and sanitation, health, financial literacy and village savings and loans, gender equality and community driven development, etc. VSF Assistant works in collaboration with government officials and community members to improve household income, promote gender equality and eradicate ultra-poverty in last mile hard to reach communities.
Why Raising The Village?
At RTV, you will be encouraged to embrace leadership opportunities at every level to help shape and innovate the future direction of our organization. You could gain in -depth sector knowledge, connect strengths with talent across RTV and the international network, and participate in initiatives that allow you to give back to your community.
RTV professionals are unified by a mission to eradicate ultra-poverty in our generation. We enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities.
What are you waiting for?
This role is for an experienced and detail-oriented person to join our growing VSLA Village Startup Fund project in last-mile rural communities. In this position, you will act as a liaison between VSLA groups’ applicants from our partner communities and our Village Startup Fund project, helping qualified applicants obtain loans and set up payment plans. Your duties will include not limited to, support in preparing loan proposals, training the participants and meeting with VSLA applicants to take them through loan facility acquisitions with all necessary loan management processes. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting the successful launch and implementation of the Village Startup Fund in Rukungiri, Mitooma, Kanungu, Rubanda and Rubirizi districts as well as scale up the project in other districts of operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Community Capacity Building
- Orient /Sensitize new and old VSLAs on available credit options as well as the new terms of services
- Conduct Refresher trainings with VSLA champions on digital reporting
- Support new VSLAs in registering with sub county especially Office of the CDO
- Guide VSLAs/individual beneficiaries in coming up with SMART goals
- Guide VSLAs in applying for Loans
- Submit complete Loan applications to office for review and final approval
- Sensitize VSLAs on E-payment options and guide them on the procedures of E-payment
- Keep track with VSLAs on their dates of service fee, principal return by reminding them return dates on time
- Conduct regular meetings with VSLAs to understand their needs challenges and forge a way forward
- Coordinate with other stakeholders
- Ensure VSLAs records are up to date and reconcile with office and Finance track
- Liaise with the VSF officer and Finance to make withdraw of funds from the bank, disburse and keep accurate records
- Timely depositing of all loan repayments
- Daily /routine reporting of any financial transaction done by RTV to VSLA mobile money or Bank accounts
- Regular contact with community/VSLAs either to request or provide information
- Support VSLA champions through executing digital reporting
- Conduct regular check-ins with individual households to understand their loan usage and complete a follow up form at the end of every visit.
- Report any arising issue from the community to the responsible persons.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in, Accounts and Business studies, Social sciences and Social development or any other related field
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in providing Community mobilization led projects and strong ethical handling of beneficiaries.
- Experience in working with last mile communities is an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel at least 90% of the time to different districts of the project’s operations.
- Previous experience with Community mobilization work.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft suite).
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a goal -oriented and evolving environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please apply by September 28.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply. For any accommodations through the process, please get in touch with us at [email protected].