Associate Director – Programs
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 50%
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
As the Associate Director of Programs, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and advancing our organization’s strategic objectives. This leadership position requires a deep understanding of economic theories related to poverty alleviation, robust skills in monitoring and evaluation, and a proven track record in project management in the development sector.
You will support the Programs team in building a scalable infrastructure for successful program development, implementation, replication, and expansion and provide ongoing program planning & management support to the National Programs Team while developing frameworks, tools, and materials to ensure the success of our program operations. The person in this role will foster strong relationships with the National team ensuring quality implementation of projects, reporting the status and progress of programs to the senior leadership team, and working in close collaboration in a cross-functional and global setting.
Your responsibilities will also include spearheading the development and dissemination of advanced program knowledge across the organization, translating complex data and theories into actionable insights for a diverse range of stakeholders. This role would require wearing multiple hats and switching gears between strategic planning, team coaching, and hands-on project management.
You are someone with an innate sense of curiosity and a passion for understanding complex socio-economic issues, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced and multifaceted role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic Leadership and Advisory: Provide strategic direction and thought leadership to the Programs and Senior Leadership team. Act as a key advisor in program planning, execution, and evaluation, ensuring alignment with organizational goals.
- Programs Strategy, Management & Oversight: Contribute to developing RTV programs and provide technical and operational support for efficient and timely integrated program planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Advanced Knowledge Documentation and Dissemination: Lead the development of documentation and dissemination strategies for program knowledge, focusing on data-informed insights and best practices. This will also include overseeing the creation and maintenance of an extensive digital knowledge repository, ensuring it remains accessible, user-friendly, and valuable for internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic Framework Development: Lead the design and periodic updates of key programmatic frameworks and policies, including Theory of Change, M&E frameworks, and Logic Models, ensuring they are responsive to evolving
program needs and insights.
- Stakeholder Communication: Craft high-impact reports and briefs for senior management and external stakeholders, ensuring clarity, accuracy, and strategic alignment.
- Facilitation and Engagement: Lead and engage in high-stakes discussions with multiple stakeholders, demonstrating exceptional facilitation skills in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Continuous Organizational Learning: Champion a culture of continuous learning and improvement, initiating research collaborations and advisory board consultations to enhance program effectiveness.
- Any other work assigned within the scope of this role.
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of prior experience in program management or related field in the development sector.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project management, in particular managing community-based development projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to simplify complex concepts into learning or creative resources.
- Expertise in monitoring and evaluation practices, Logic Models, and Performance Measurement Frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder discussions and workshops.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint (or Google Sheets and Slides)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate, and guide teams toward achieving strategic goals.
- This role includes regular travel to program implementation countries, requiring field visits to remote villages. Candidates should be prepared to undertake such travel as part of the role.
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
Compensation and Growth
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits, optional Group RRSP, and a 4-week vacation in line with our policies. RTV is fast growing with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us a cover letter and resume (in one PDF file) to: careersTO@raisingthevillage.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please note that there will be a written assessment included as part of the recruitment process. Raising The Village is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. For any accommodations through the process, please contact us at the same email as mentioned above.