POSITION: Finance Coordinator
LOCATION: Toronto (Hybrid)
EMPLOYMENT TIME: Full-time continuing with 6-month probation
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years
TRAVEL REQUIRED: <5%
REPORTING TO: Director of Finance
The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for supporting our Finance teams on bookkeeping, coordination with local and global teams, special projects and reporting for governmental and/or bilateral grants and foundation-funded projects. You are someone who is exceptional with numbers, is tech savvy and is comfortable in coordinating projects in a multi-stakeholder, fast-paced environment with the highest attention to detail. You are curious and believe in the importance of knowledge creation and mobilization to advance our growth.
Roles & Responsibilities
Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Involvement in all aspects of the monthly accounting cycle.
- Large volume general ledger data entry.
- Ensure that data entry is accurate and complete.
- Review and reconcile all general ledger accounts.
- Liaise with Uganda finance team members.
- Record, categorize, and monitor payables and reimbursements.
- Ensure that finance files are complete and accurate.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Assist the Accountant with monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for analysis and decision making.
Special Projects and Grant Reporting
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting software.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives in collaboration with cross-team stakeholders.
- Liaise with the auditors during statutory and ad-hoc audits.
- Prepare reports required by funders.
- Monitor and coordinate with multiple departments to ensure that administrative policies and budgeting aligns with donor requirements.
- Participation in organizational activities, including weekly staff meetings (with North American and Ugandan staff).
- Other duties as required.
Compensation & Growth
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits (one month after joining), optional Group RRSP (applicable post probation), and a 4-week vacation in line with our policies.
Raising The Village is fast growing, with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business or Finance or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-3 years of accounting and financial reporting experience, ideally in the Non-Profit sector.
- Systems savvy with advanced Excel capabilities.
- Experience or knowledge of SAGE Intacct or similar system preferred.
- Previous knowledge of ERP implementation is an asset.
- Strong research and financial analysis skills.
- High attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us a cover letter and resume (in one pdf file) to: careersTO@raisingthevillage.org. No phone calls or LinkedIn requests, please.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Currently, all interviews are being carried out virtually. Please note that there will be a written assessment included as part of the recruitment process.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
For any accommodations through the process, please get in touch with us at the same email as mentioned above.