Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Involvement in all aspects of the monthly accounting cycle.
- Large volume general ledger data entry.
- Ensure that data entry is accurate and complete.
- Review and reconcile all general ledger accounts.
- Liaise with Uganda finance team members.
- Record, categorize, and monitor payables and reimbursements.
- Ensure that finance files are complete and accurate.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Assist the Accountant with monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for analysis and decision making.
Special Projects and Grant Reporting
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting software.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives in collaboration with cross-team stakeholders.
- Liaise with the auditors during statutory and ad-hoc audits.
- Prepare reports required by funders.
- Monitor and coordinate with multiple departments to ensure that administrative policies and budgeting aligns with donor requirements.
- Participation in organizational activities, including weekly staff meetings (with North American and Ugandan staff).
- Other duties as required.
Compensation & Growth
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits (one month after joining), optional Group RRSP (applicable post probation), and a 4-week vacation in line with our policies.
Raising The Village is fast growing, with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.