Global Senior HR Business Partner
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 8+ years
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Upto 10%
REPORTING TO: CEO
RTV seeks an experienced and dynamic Global Senior Business Partner to lead and oversee human resources operations in North America (Canada and the US) and Sub-Saharan Africa (currently Uganda and Rwanda). The successful candidate will be pivotal in shaping and executing HR strategies, policies, and initiatives that align with the company’s global mission and values. This position requires a strong background in HR management, cross-cultural sensitivity, project leadership, and a keen understanding of the legal and cultural nuances relevant to HR.
The position will report to the CEO and oversee a team of 6 (and growing) HR staff located in Uganda.
Roles & Responsibilities
Strategic HR Leadership
- Develop and implement HR strategies that support the company’s objectives while considering the unique cultural and regulatory environments in our countries of engagement.
- Provide guidance and leadership on HR best practices, compliance, and employee relations to local regional HR teams.
- Build and maintain a valued advisor relationship with our leaders and deliver HR solutions that address business issues and needs effectively.
- Provide strategic guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, promotions, lateral transfers, and re-levelling.
- Build strong relationships with employees and leaders across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align project goals with broader business objectives.
- Leverage workforce analytics to identify trends, analyze issues and develop solutions.
Talent Acquisition and Relations Management
- Oversee the recruitment process, working closely with local teams to attract and retain top talent in alignment with the company’s values.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process, advising on best practices and supporting leaders in setting up for success.
- Lead the execution of performance management, employee development, staff surveys, and succession planning practices.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex employee relations matters, providing guidance and resolutions that adhere to local laws and regulations.
- Guide managers and partners on performance management, productivity, dispute resolution, and disciplinary action, including PIPs, regulatory compliance, problem-solving and litigation avoidance.
- Provide Mentorship for and the development of the Human Resource Team.
Compensation and Benefits
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop and implement competitive compensation and benefits strategies to ensure pay equity, transparency, effectiveness, and compliance with local laws and market trends.
Compliance and Legal Adherence
- Stay current with employment laws and regulations in countries of operation, ensuring all HR practices and policies remain compliant.
- Lead efforts to enhance understanding of local labour laws across the organization.
- Produce and maintain relevant HR policies and employee handbooks.
Requirements and Experience
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Experience working as a strategic partner to business leaders, taking a whole system view of the organization’s challenges, opportunities and needs.
- Outstanding people skills – a high degree of empathy and the ability to build trust with business stakeholders and internal employees.
- Ability to operate with pace, manage ambiguity and risk, and pivot projects and strategies as needed.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years of progressive HR management experience, with 1-2 years as a business partner or HR manager with strong proactive consulting capability and work experience. Including international HR exposure.
- In-depth knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and practices in Canada and capacity to learn practices in other countries.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of successfully leading and implementing complex HR initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate diverse cultural contexts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional certifications such as CPHR Canada or equivalent are a plus.
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits, optional Group RRSP (and 4-weeks vacation in line with our policies. RTV is fast growing, with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume (in one PDF file) to careersTO@raisingthevillage.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please note that a written assessment may be included as part of the recruitment process. Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. For any accommodations through the process, please get in touch with us at the same email as mentioned above.