Information Technology Assistant
SUPERVISOR: IT Officer
As we are growing our IT department, Raising the Village (RTV) is looking for an Information Technology Assistant to join our IT team in Kampala. We are looking for a team player who reports to the Information Technology Officer. We expect our IT Assistant to be primarily responsible for facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in RTV Field offices. The IT Assistant will offer first and second level support to the Country Program IT team and will work closely with the IT Officer and all program sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support. More than anything else, we are looking for people who want to be part of our organization’s growth and can learn and grow.
Roles & Responsibilities
IT Support – Level 1 & Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT Officer (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 issues.
- Resolve and escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues on request to appropriate internal or external resources (IT Officer, IT Manager, management) as necessary.
- Ensure that antivirus programs on each machine are updated regularly.
- Work with Helpdesk to create email addresses, update mailing lists, and keep proper tracking of email addresses.
Installation, Configuration & Maintenance
- Perform preventative maintenance on all RTV computers and network resources.
- Ensure that server backup is done on regular basis and that staff is reminded to do backup before their computers are sent out for repairs. Ensure data security backups and protection of the LAN against data corruption.
Maintenance, Repair & Security
- Work with the IT Officer to update and maintain network documentation to include but not be limited to IP address, Network, and Server system access, email creation systems, upgrades, and changes to the original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Closely collaborate with the IT Officer on Helpdesk, connectivity.
- Ensure proper record keeping of breakdowns, problems and maintenance carried out.
Training, Evaluation & Testing
- Provide regular user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users which include training RTV staff and guests on the safe handling and general operation of computers and accessories and ensure that all RTV staff are in compliance with IT policies and procedures.
- Training of organizational applications and roll-outs.
- Research and suggest new technology as required by RTV IT Office.
- Prepare and submit regular weekly, monthly, and trip reports that provide sufficient detail for HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels, and future plans.
IT Asset Management
- Keep an up-to-date ICT asset register by performing monthly asset verifications for all IT assets in the RTV office including Software & licenses.
- Create and maintain RTV computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
Policies & Protocols
- Implement available plans for repair of dysfunctional laptops, desktop computers, photocopiers, printers, etc.
- Implement appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all RTV computer-related equipment.
- Perform any other IT-related tasks assigned by the IT Officer to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
Requirements and Experience
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Proven working experience as an IT Assistant for 2-3 years.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and computer hardware/software systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, and installation.
- Experience in using MDM software.
- Experience with being on a Helpdesk.
- Proven experience in the repair of tablets, phones, and computers.
- Knowledge of different computer applications.
- Hands-on experience in the installation of IT hardware and software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience/education in technology.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Team viewer, Word press, Security (online, software and hardware), Hexnode MDM.
- Ability to travel at least 60% as business requires.
The deadline for applying for this job is 13th October 2021 at 5:00PM EAT
To apply, you must complete and upload your CV and Cover Letter in one PDF document (Please note: a Google account is required). Please follow the link below to submit your application.
Raising The Village is committed to Equity and Inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.