Program and Knowledge Management Coordinator
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Upto 20%
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Program Support and Knowledge Management team at RTV.
You will take the lead in coordinating and reporting on a vital restricted funding grant from Global Affairs Canada and ensure project success and timely reporting by collaborating with partners and stakeholders – keeping a keen eye on project designs as well as supporting the project teams in Uganda. You will also play a pivotal role in our knowledge management efforts to support our program staff, helping to document program knowledge and turn it into valuable resources for multiple stakeholders across the organization.
You are exceptional at understanding program data (outputs and outcomes) on the one hand, and on the other, you can paint a picture with that data to develop complex funder reports, proposals, and knowledge resources. You love Logic Models and Performance Measurement Frameworks, and complex reporting frameworks and are comfortable coordinating projects in a multi-stakeholder, fast-paced environment with the highest attention to detail. You are a skilled communicator, organizer, and team player with a commitment to international development. You are also tech-savvy to be able to help us organize growing program knowledge digitally in accessible and effective ways.
Roles & Responsibilities
Project Coordination and Reporting
- Act as the primary point of contact for the reporting of a restricted funding grant from Global Affairs Canada.
- Coordinate project activities, timelines, and deliverables to ensure compliance with grant requirements and project goals.
- Collaborate closely with the project team and stakeholders to facilitate effective communication and project execution.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate project reports and responses.
- Monitor project budgets, expenses, and financial reporting in collaboration with the finance team.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues, proactively seeking solutions.
- Support the project team in Uganda to ensure their success.
- Undertake additional projects as assigned within the scope of program management, project coordination, grant writing and reporting, and knowledge management.
Knowledge Development and Mobilization
- Work in an integrated manner with the Knowledge Management team and working groups to support the development and documentation of program knowledge and tools.
- Take an active role within the Knowledge Management team in the design and execution of knowledge capture and sharing activities, including training sessions and knowledge-sharing events.
- Create and maintain a digital repository of program-related documents, reports, and best practices.
- Collaborate with team members to convert program knowledge into various formats, including reports, case studies, presentations, and multimedia content including creating SCORM courses for staff.
- Provide broader support to the Knowledge Management team on specific projects as assigned.
- Foster a collaborative working environment by actively engaging with team members, project partners, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate project updates, progress, and challenges effectively to ensure alignment with organizational goals.
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to developing strategies and plans.
- Any other duties as assigned within the scope of this role.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Project Management, Communications, or other related disciplines.
- Five (5) years of previous experience in international development/nonprofit organizations for complex and data-informed programs.
- Proven experience in project coordination, including project planning, monitoring, and reporting. Prior experience on GAC-funded projects will be a major advantage.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated growth mindset, with a willingness to embrace challenges, learn, and continuously improve.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge management experience, including the creation of program knowledge resources and materials to support our partnerships and growth strategies.
- Proficiency in using Google Suite and knowledge management tools.
- Understanding of international development principles and grant management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
Compensation and Growth
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits (one month after joining), optional Group RRSP (applicable post probation), and 4-week vacation in line with our policies.
RTV is fast growing, with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us a cover letter and resume (in one PDF file) to careersTO@raisingthevillage.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please note that there will be a written assessment included as part of the recruitment process.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. For any accommodations through the process, please contact us at the same email as mentioned above.