TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 10%
EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
About Raising The Village
We are Raising The Village (RTV) – an international development organization and a registered charity – on a mission to end ultra-poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. Raising The Village is a fast-growing organization on an accelerated growth path. We have 120+ national staff in Uganda and a team of 8 people in North America working together to lift communities out of ultra-poverty in last-mile villages. We operate at the intersection of direct implementation and advanced data analytics to inform progress, decision-making, and impact.
To date we have supported more than 665,000 people through our innovative holistic approach and are on track to expand to reaching one million people annually in the region by 2027.
We have achieved this tremendous growth with the support of our incredible partners from all around the globe who believe in our model and impact.
The Project Coordinator will directly support the Chief of Staff providing day-to-day project coordination and administrative support for multiple portfolios including Human Resources, Policy Development, Internal and External Communications, Learning & Development, Leadership Support, Strategic Planning, Administration, and Special Projects. If you are someone who is curious to work on projects and portfolios of varying natures and are a highly organized problem solver with a detail-oriented mindset, this role is for you.
Using your strong project management and communications skills, you will assist in the administration of projects, and deliver project related activities. As the Project Coordinator, your top priority is to build strong and trusting relationships with cross-functional National and International teams so you are able to effectively work on a variety of projects to ensure your assigned projects stay on time, on budget and in sync with organizational needs.
You will also support the daily operations of our virtual and physical office environment in Toronto and ensure that we have the tools (digital or physical), processes and procedures, and administrative support on a day-to-day basis to drive productivity. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent communications skills, and a love for using project management and productivity tools with the ability to multitask and deftly handle the unexpected. You are also a creative person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and administrative support to the Chief of Staff on a variety of portfolios. This would include activities such as creating and managing project timelines, budgets and progress reports, presentations, documentation, analysis, team support, and making meeting arrangements (virtual and in-person).
- Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for stakeholders and resources.
- Provide research and analysis to inform decision making.
- Support relevant teams to ensure the ongoing participation and commitment of stakeholders related to project objectives through ongoing communication and coordination.
- Organize meetings, coordinate project activities, manage relationships with key stakeholders, and ensure task management.
- Support related logistical requirements and take meeting notes.
- Provide project management coordination and support for multiple projects across portfolios such as rolling out of systems and tools, training programs, policy audit and development, strategic planning etc.
- Work closely with all project team members to ensure adequate project alignment and coordination is occurring at all levels. This would involve setting up frameworks and systems for effective collaboration and ongoing communication in a multi-country set-up.
- Support CoS projects in planning and supporting projects in order to accomplish their goals within constraints such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
Processes & Policies
- Support Executive Sponsored projects that involve implementation of systems, policies, and processes across departments and objectives.
- Conduct research and critical analysis to inform decision making.
- Support the development of policies based on organizational needs, industry best practices, and risk assessment.
- Able to support the implementation of new systems and active engagement of the team
- Support the recruitment process for the North American team including preparing job descriptions, posting roles, filtering candidates, developing comprehensive assignments, organizing interviews, onboarding new staff and/or separating with exiting staff and management of staff files.
- Support the development of policies, processes, and protocols for the North American team, ensure compliance, and provide ongoing support as required.
- Open to sharing and creating innovative resources to support the organizations growing team capacity
- Manage and maintain the administration of the range of IT systems that Raising The Village uses including but not limited to G-Suite tools, CMS, CRM, Productivity Tools, and all other 3rd party applications.
- Manage designated group email accounts and redirect queries to relevant team members and respond to general queries as needed.
- Managing all online subscriptions for paid 3rd party platforms
- Manage relationships for any vendors for office needs as required including arranging and delivering office supplies (in a virtual or hybrid setting).
- Responsible for checking company’s mailbox for our Toronto’s office
- Provide administrative support as required for Board Governance including but not limited to preparing and sending materials in advance of meets, meeting coordination, and note-taking
- Responsible for supporting the renewal of the organizations NGO status or similar equivalency.
- Any other task as assigned
Learning & Development
- Support the team in coordination and development of Learning & Development content for staff and RTV representatives.
- Support the implementation of a Learning Management System.
- Provide coordination and support to L&D working group(s).
- Support research analysis of current trends and best practices
- Additional tasks to support the CoS and broader organization as necessary.
- Work to ensure company resources are adequate and suitable so that activities and goals can be complete
- Other duties and tasks from time to time that are broadly consistent with those in this document.
Required Skills & Expertise
- 2 years relevant experience with transferable skills.
- Strong project management and coordination experience in multi-stakeholder projects.
- Proficient in the administration and maintenance of a variety of digital tools and IT systems, with demonstrated aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Proven administrative experience in a virtual or hybrid setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and exercise strong judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing internal processes and digital filing systems
- High proficiency in translating complex information with the ability to conduct research and present in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Experienced in and capable of handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Experience of administrative duties, coordination, and organizational support to senior management.
- Excellent working knowledge of GSuite and MS Office suite, including proven experience of maintaining complex spreadsheets and developing high-quality slide decks.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of working effectively with diverse audiences and colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work independently and as a team player, and flexibility to take on tasks beyond the core area of expertise.
- Works well under pressure, with the ability and confidence needed to prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a calm and professional manner
- Relevant experience in a non-profit setting will be considered an asset.
- Experience coordinating strategic planning and internal stakeholder management.
- Strong writing and visualization skills.
- Interest in learning more about program operations in a growing organization through data-informed development initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a social sciences or business management background and a keen interest in global socio-economic issues.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with excellent time management skills and an ability to think proactively, and who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to utilize feedback to support professional development and learning.
- Comfortable to share opinions and new ideas.
- Curious by nature and hungry for learning.
Compensation & Growth
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes health benefits, optional Group RRSP, and 4 week of vacation in line with our policies. RTV is fast growing with opportunities for people who want to grow with the organization. We value people who are committed to our mission, align with our values, and are dedicated to their own personal and professional growth.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us a cover letter and resume (in one pdf file) to: careersTO@raisingthevillage.org. No phone calls or LinkedIn requests please.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Currently interviews are being carried out in a hybrid set-up with initial virtual engagements and in-person interviews in the final round. Please note that there will be a written assessment included as part of the recruitment process.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
For any accommodations through the process, please get in touch with us at the same email as mentioned above.