SUPERVISOR: Programs Manager
The WASH Officer will ensure effective planning and design, and successful implementation and supervision of WASH interventions in Raising The Village’s partner communities, as part of our core methodology. This will involve working with our Planning, Evaluation, and Learning (PEAL) team to identify and assess the key needs of WASH facilities, working with Procurement team for the development and management of contracts in accordance with project budgets and timelines, and collaborating with program staff, local authorities and communities to support WASH interventions. The incumbent in this role will have strong understanding of small to large scale technical designs of WASH infrastructure, and demonstrated experience in the estimation of costs, development of RFP’s, bid review and evaluations and contract management. During implementation of the project’s activities, the Officer will be required to provide feedback to relevant partners and the local authorities with an aim of improving overall WASH program quality.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Complete evaluations of current water access points and carry out WASH needs assessment in target communities.
- Support PEAL team to design and plan activities on construction/rehabilitation and repair of water supply and sanitation facilities.
- Develop and review technical designs, cost estimation of all WASH facilities planned for implementation in the targeted communities.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Develop RFP’s as required.
- Provide technical support in evaluating bids in accordance with RTV policies and procedures, project technical requirements, budgets, timelines, and any other critical factors.
- Preparation of all contracts to be awarded to vendors of goods and services related to water supply and sanitation component of the project
- Review technical reports from the various contractors and provide recommendations to the Program Manager and Operations as to whether the delivered infrastructures meet the required standards and quality.
- Ensure timely procurement, and contract management services for WASH Projects and provide technical advice for effective implementation.
- Supervise construction, repair and rehabilitation of water supplies systems and sanitation facilities in strict adherence to the set regulations and standard.
- Work with the Project Teams, Water Management Committees (WMCs) and other Community structures and local authorities on improved management and sustainability of WASH infrastructure.
Coordination and Collaboration
- Co-ordinate and network with the relevant Local Governments, Ministry and Department Officials as well as build relationships with other agencies, NGOs and CBOs working in the Project areas and providing technical support and assistance to WASH activities.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Provide regular reports on water supply and sanitation activities and program progress against work plan and program activities.
- Maintain an up to-date activity tracking tool (soft copies and hard copies) of all water supply and sanitation infrastructure related activities.
Requirements and Experience
- B.Eng. or Water Resource Management, Engineering or Architecture or any relevant technical qualification.
- At least two year of experience with a non-profit, non-governmental organization or private engineering firm or water utility entity.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of AutoCad, CAD, GIS, waterCAD/Epanet software, and GPS device.
- Experience in drafting Bill of Quantities for civil works.
- Experience in ground water development and rehabilitation.
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Excel, including use of formulas and pivot tables and strong skills with Microsoft Word.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Flexible, able to cope with stressful situations and frustrations Willingness to travel to remote areas in Western and Mid-Western Uganda.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be a strong team player.
- Present professional conduct and exercise professional judgment. .
- High levels of honesty and integrity.
- Respectful of RTV’s code of ethics.
- Able to manage personal schedule to not interfere with professional work, especially when preparing for long journeys.
The deadline for applying for this job is December 29, 2020 at 5:00PM EAT.
Please follow the link below for the application procedure. To apply, you must complete and upload your CV and Cover Letter in one PDF document (Please note: a Google account is required).
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply.