Chief of Staff
The main output of your work will be growth, and you’ll achieve that growth in two ways.
First, you’ll help alleviate the load on our current executive team, giving them room to make key decisions while paying attention to critical clients and transactions. Much of your work will contribute directly to the labours of our CEO: keeping them up to date on opportunities, complications, and driving decisions on daily matters of business so they can meet partners with confidence.
Second, you’ll contribute directly to our organizational strategy. In order to move forward, our exec needs to know where to go. Through your experience, research, and a detailed understanding of our mission, you’ll provide the road map on which our organization is built. Whether that means partner relations or allocating staff, your proactive nature will lead to increased funding, effective hires, and organizational harmony.
Most importantly, you’ll be a resource on the ins and outs of operations. Data, departmental leaders, and stakeholders all need to be on the same page: your work will ensure that everyone understands our goals, and how we’re planning to get there. Part of this will involve taking ownership of client relationships: not just in terms of sales, but also an awareness of opportunities and leads.
Here are a few of the things you’ll be working to achieve in tandem with our executive:
- Develop expansion and implementation plans for new countries and communities
- Provide strategies and plans that will double revenue and growth over the next year
- Funding partner relationships and fundraising support
This role will differ from typical staffing/operations roles in its emphasis on communication. Beyond your experience in management and implementation, you will also need to excel in written and verbal communications. Proposals, meetings, and compelling finance presentations will all be part of this role.
Working with us
This will be a full-time, permanent position, with opportunities to work remotely. Because our organization operates overseas there will be some need for flexibility in your schedule. During the pandemic, most of your work will be done remotely, with office work and travel being gradually introduced into your schedule. Ultimately, travel will typically be less then 10% of your time, and no more than 20%.
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with your experience, you’ll receive a compensation package that includes benefits and 4-weeks vacation.
While we have exceptionally high standards for our staff, we also give them the tools they need. Flexible scheduling, democratic decision making, and collaborative work are just a few of the ways we help people be their best. Care is what unites us: care for our work, for our team, and for the communities we serve. We know we have the power to change the world: our team is motivated to succeed in helping where others have failed.
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Field implementation experience in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in East Africa or a related environment
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint, familiarity with Salesforce, ArcGIS, Alteryx and statistical packages a plus
- Comfort with new tech, and ability to understand/communicate benefits of new systems and applications
- Experience with data analysis and budget management
- Client or partner relationship management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication