LEVEL: Management Team
SUPERVISOR: Country Director
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful execution of programmatic initiatives in Uganda. As a part of the Leadership team, the successful candidate is responsible for contributing to the strategic direction and tactical implementation of the organization’s replication programs in country and Raising The Village’s relationship with the Government of Uganda.
Working with us
• Overall management and oversight of the replication activities to ensure program implementation and replication quality, with adherence to timelines and budgets across all strategic implementation.
• Regional owner of program design, implementation, replication and evaluation phases
• Ensure the timely and effective execution of the project lifecycle and serve as escalation support with a focus on risk mitigation, conflict resolution and program solutions
• Serve as the senior government liaison with district and local government point of contact for all replication work
• Support resource planning and staff allocations as needed to meet implementation targets and workloads, along with facilities and equipment
• Identification for opportunities of program improvement, and methodology enhancements
• Implementation and change management of reporting, and operational tools, templates and guides
• Conducting debriefs with local government to strengthen replication processes
• Practical on-ground training and development of program staff in skill practices
• 1-on-1 mentorship of direct staff and skills development planning
• In-field skills training capacity building, best practice adoption, and program staff development
Government Liaison Responsibilities
• Analyze key national political and aid policy trends in areas related to RTV’s work, funding trends and donor policies
• Collaborate directly and effectively with government department, the NGO Forum, local donors, government ministries, namely the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development and the Ministry of Agriculture, to strengthen advocacy objectives, ensuring RTV policy position is effectively represented and opportunities for engagement maximized.
• Develop relationships with government institutions/departments with the objective of seeking funding and opportunities of interventions.
• Ensure that RTV’s experience and program evidence shapes policy engagement and facilitates links with key stakeholders, and provide analytical support as appropriate.
• Liaise with government, cluster groups, CBOs, NGOs (both local and International) and local communities in meetings and other events.
• Represent RTV in meetings and other government fora.
• In-country partnerships support for site visits, meetings and representation of senior RTV leadership
• Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
• Master’s degree in community development, project management or similar field
• 7+ years of demonstrable experience advocacy, lobbying and fundraising skills
• Demonstrable experience working with local government and other ministries
• Experience with undertaking of community assessments and analysis
• Passion for community service delivery
• Willingness to travel to hard to reach areas under difficult conditions